New Buzzer/Camera System
Hello Patriot Parents-
We have been working diligently to make our campuses and facilities safe, while continuing to maintain a welcoming atmosphere. As part of this process, a new buzzer/camera system was installed at all schools. This new buzzer/camera system will provide controlled access to our schools during the school day. Cooper Junior High will begin utilizing the buzzer/camera system on Monday, November 12th. This will be the procedure for visitors:
- Locate the intercom/camera at the main (front) entrance
- Press the “PUSH” button on the intercom
- Please be sure you are in front of the camera on the panel
- Campus staff will see you and will respond verbally
- You will be asked who you are on campus to see and to show an ID. Please hold the ID so that it is viewable. Acceptable ID’s include: Driver’s license ,Wylie ISD (or other school) ID badge, Wylie ISD Pre-Check ID (see below), Student ID, Passport or other government issued ID
- The door will be unlocked for you to enter the building
- Please do not allow other visitors to enter with you
- All visitors will then report to the office to check in and be issued a visitor’s badge.
- A Wylie ISD Pre-Check ID may be used in place of a sticker
- All visitors will need to be buzzed through the door from the office in to the campus as well.
Wylie ISD Pre-Check ID
We want parents to continue to join their students for special school programs and celebrations. To help manage the large numbers of parents who attend elementary and intermediate school events during the day, Wylie ISD has implemented a TSA-style pre-screen system. Our goal is to reduce lines and wait times on these days. Wylie ISD Pre-Check ID cards are available for parents of students at all grade levels. Because most of our visits occur at the elementary and intermediate level we have placed badge machines at all elementary and intermediate campuses. Parents who wish to take part will:
- Complete the on-line volunteer background check form prior to the first event you plan to attend: https://web.wylieisd.net/BackgroundCheck/BkgroudCkForm.aspx
- You will be notified via email when the check has been completed
- Visit any elementary campus prior to the first event to have an ID badge made
- Badges will include a photo, so smile!
- They will be good for the full school year, at all Wylie ISD campuses
- This is NOT an “all access” pass
- Misuse of the pass may result in it being revoked. You will still have access to the school, but will have to use Raptor each time.
Specific details and a helpful video are on the district’s safety and security website: www.wylieisd.net/safety Click on “Buzz-In System” from the menu on the left.
Thanks in advance for your patience and support with this new process. Wylie ISD is committed to providing the safest possible environment for our students and staff. We welcome your feedback as we start to follow these procedures. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Shawn Miller, Ph.D.
Principal, Cooper Junior High