Student Accident Insurance
In accordance with the Texas Tort Claims Act 101.021 and 101.051, please be reminded that Wylie ISD cannot legally be responsible for costs of treating student injuries or assume liability for any other costs associated with an injury at school or any school related function unless the personal injury was caused by a district employee's negligent operation of a motor vehicle while performing district duties. Please note that the insurance coverage offered is a limited benefit policy, any medical costs above the policy limits are ultimately the responsibility of the student's parent or guardian.
Wylie ISD offers an opportunity for you to purchase voluntary student accident insurance at a low cost through Health Special Risk, Inc. (HSR). You can enroll directly online at www.K12StudentInsurance.com and follow the directions provided below. Wylie ISD will not collect forms and payments for this insurance coverage.
- Online Enrollment Instructions (English and Español)
- 2017-18 Voluntary Rates and Schedule (English)
- 2017-18 Voluntary Student Accident Insurance Brochure (English)
- 2017-18 Seguro de Accidentes de Estudiantes Voluntarios (Español)
- 2017-18 Voluntary Student Accident Insurance District Letter (English and Español)
NOTE: This low cost coverage is designed to supplement your primary medical insurance to assist in co-pays and deductibles due to your student's accident.