NEW! Beginning in August 2020, we will offer a full-day program for eligible Spanish-speaking bilingual students. There are only 44 seats available, and they will be given to the first 44 who complete enrollment, prove eligibility, and qualify through language testing. All other prekindergarten programs will continue to operate on a half-day schedule.
When is the 2020-21 registration event?
Our registration event will occur on May 6 from 10 am to 7 pm and May 7 from 8 am to 11 am at the Wylie ISD Educational Service Center, located at 951 S. Ballard Avenue. For more information, please see our flyer. Language testing will occur on site, please bring your child.
Who can attend prekindergarten?
Students must be 4-years old by September 1st of the school year AND he or she must meet one of the following criteria:
- does not speak or understand English (limited English proficient)
- is considered educationally disadvantaged based on family income
- is homeless
- is a dependent of a member of the military on active duty, injured, or killed while on active duty
- is currently or has ever been in State of Texas foster care
- is a dependent of an indiviudal who received the Star of Texas Award
Students must meet the age requirement as well as one of the above criteria to qualify for the program.
Where does prekindergarten take place?
Currently, all prekindergarten students are served at Hartman Elementary. It is located at 510 S Birmingham Street, Wylie TX 75098.
How can I enroll my child?
Parents can fill out the online enrollment at anytime. Registration is ongoing. Then, official documents will need to be provided. All of the following documents are required:
- original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the State
- immunization records
- Social Security card for the child
- proof of residency in Wylie ISD (gas, electric bill or lease)
- parent or guardian's driver'slicense or identification card
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need to provide:
- Income Eligibility: proof of income such as 1040_ form, check stubs, letter from employer, unemployment letter, and/or food stamp letter
- Homeless: Student Residency Questionnaire (English/Spanish)
- Foster: copy of Form 2085
- Military: active duty documentation or documentation of injury or death while on duty
- Star of Texas Award: documentation of award
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Wylie ISD offer tuition-based prekindergarten?
No, at this time, we do not offer tuition-based programs.
- Is transportation provided for my prekindergarten student?
Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to offer transportation to these students.
- What school supplies are needed for my child?
You can find the updated school supplylist on Hartman Elementary's website. Specifically, thelists are found under the Parents tab.
- Can my child attend prekindergarten part-time?
It is highly recommended that students attend school every day, unless they are ill. This will help your child get the most access to what the program has to offer.
Should you have any further questions, please contact us at anytime.
- Dr. Jessica Branch
Coordinator for Federal Programs
- Hartman Elementary