At Wylie ISD we have a greater vision. It is reflected in our slogan "Unified for Excellence". As a maintenance department we strive to act on that organizational ideal.
We take pride in providing leadership to other school facilities departments in the DFW area as is evident in our active participation in the Texas Association of School Business Officials (TASBO) and Texas Energy Managers Association (TEMA). We continually partner with and maintain all the schools that serve Wylie ISD and its more than 15,000 students.
This site provides you with tools to help us serve the students and staff members of Wylie ISD.
Specifically, our goals are to:
Wylie ISD Facilities Departments Invited Presentations
- Lead the way in harnessing current technologies to manage workflow (School Dude), and in training people how to use the system, both in person and with online tutorials.
- Provide avenues for feedback. Click the "We're Listening" image below to share comments or concerns.
- Be transparent with Wylie ISD staff and community about the District's current projects, and energy savings initiatives.
- Assist and train staff on safe and compliant pest control.
- Provide current SDS data for all concerned parties.
- Share and promote recognition of department's quality.
- TASBO Facility Masters, Been Through Hail, October 2016
- Texas Energy Managers Association (TEMA), Collaboration and Continuous Improvement, October 2016
- Clean Air Through Energy Efficiency (CATEE), When Hail Breaks Loose: Keeping Sustainability a Priority When Disaster Hits, December 2016
- Texas Energy Managers Association (TEMA), Facility Scheduling and Energy Management, February 2017
- North Texas Facilities Services Association (NTFSA), Hail Recovery and Roofing, February 2017