The mission of Business Professionals of America is: To contribute to the preparation of global professionals through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills.
The vision of Business Professionals of America is: To be an innovator in Career and Technical Education, providing our members with opportunities for growth through education, competition, community service, and personal development.
The Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) has been adopted as the strategic direction for a certification program, competitive events, leadership, and direction for interaction with business, career/job preparation, and workplace competencies.
- To provide opportunities for chapter members in leadership and development.
- To unite in a common professional bond without regard to race, creed, sex or national origin of students enrolled in classes with business employment as their objective.
- To develop leadership abilities through participation in career and technical education, civic, recreational, and social activities. To assist students in establishing realistic employment objectives.
- To create enthusiasm for learning.
- To promote high standards in ethics, workmanship, and scholarship.
- To develop the ability of students to plan together, organize, and carry out worthy activities and projects through the use of the democratic processes.
- To foster an understanding of the functions of labor, entrepreneurial, and management organizations in the American free enterprise system.
- To develop competent, assertive leaders in business education.
- To develop and strengthen members’ confidence in themselves and their work.
- To provide satisfactory social and recreational activities.
- To foster practical application of business education skills through competition.