Hi Davis Intermediate Family,
I'm Toshia Kimball, your Davis PTA President for the 2021-2022 school year. I have lived in Wylie for 11 years. My brothers John Victor and Christopher Collins were students in the Wylie school system from elementary to high school. I am excited to have my two girls Madison and Morgan, following in their footsteps. Madison will be a 5th grader at Davis, and Morgan is a 3rd grader at Dodd Elementary. I have been involved in PTA since my girls started in Kindergarten at Dodd. I can't wait to get started and make this an amazing year.
Welcome to a new year of school and a new year of PTA. As you start the year, remember that our main focus is children-the children in your home and the children in our school. Every child is our number one priority.
If this is your first year at Davis Intermediate, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to each of you. If you are a "seasoned" Davis family, I know that you are as excited as we are to be starting the school year up again.
Whether a new PTA member or a returning member, we thank you for your contributions, time, and commitment to our organization, our teachers, and most importantly, our students! As a member of the Davis PTA, you are a voice for our students and part of the largest child advocacy program in the world! It is such a rewarding experience!!
I encourage each and every one of you to become a part of our team. The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit the children. In doing so, you also help us. But there are many more advantages:
- By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use, for a good cause.
- By getting involved, you'll be part of the solution, helping to make positive change.
- There is no wrong way to be involved. Anything you can give, whether it's time or money, will support your child's potential.
- PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers.
- The PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, attend the General PTA meetings throughout the year to make suggestions and provide your input.
We have a lot of exciting things planned for this school year. If you would not like to serve on our Board, we would love for you to be a volunteer at some of our events.
"Every child's potential is a reality..."
If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Thank you, and let's have a great year!!!
Davis Intermediate PTA President