Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kristin Jordan
I am Kristin Jordan, your school counselor.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I have been in the Education field for 9 years.
- I hold a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and a minor in Business from The University of Texas at Arlington.
- I hold a Master in School Counseling from Amberton University.
- I am certified as a School Counselor, Generalist 4-8, ESL EC-12, and Physical Education
- I have been married for almost 3 years, have a daughter, and two dogs.
I live in Wylie with my husband, who coaches at Wylie High, and my daughter, who just turned a year old. We enjoy watching/playing sports and spend a lot of time outside at parks or the lake. We have recently taken to family jogs, so be on the lookout for a family of three being pulled by our dog around town.
The "Mind-Up" curriculum is one of the resources used to teach students about mindfulness and the brain. Throughout the course of the year, we will also discuss kindness, empathy, bullying, internet safety, anti-victimization, respect, caring, grit, gratitude, and celebrations. I am also the 504 coordinator for our campus. Feel free to reach out to me anytime with any questions or concerns. I am happy to help!