Degrees and Certifications:
• I hold a Bachelor of Science in Education from Baylor University. • I hold a Master of Education in Administration.
Mrs. Shari Halpin
I’m Shari Halpin, your school counselor.
Here are some facts about me:
• I have been in the Education field for 11 years.
• I hold a Bachelor of Science in Education from Baylor University.
• I hold a Master of Education in Administration.
• I am certified as a School Counselor, Administrator, English Teacher, and Theatre Arts Teacher.
• I have been married for 11 years, have two children, and a dog, and live in Garland, Texas.
I'm from Mesquite, Texas. I have an amazing family: my husband, Marc, my son, Samuel, my daughter, Anna Claire, and my golden retriever, Dexter. We love to play outside and go on camping trips. Aside from hanging out with them, I love to read, practice yoga, and run (or jog, if we're being honest).
My School Counseling Philosophy:
Elementary school is an important time for children to learn and grow their academic, social, and emotional selves. I see this is a grand opportunity to help students cultivate:
• Communication Skills
• Decision-Making Skills
• A Positive Self-Image and Outlook on their futures
• An awareness of their own unique gifts, qualities, and needs
• A desire to learn and achieve academic success to reach their goals.
I am able to help students achieve these milestones by:
• Creating school-wide large and small group activities and guidance lessons.
• Assisting students in goal-setting and decision making.
• Providing responsive services for crisis intervention, conflict resolution, small group and individual counseling.
I am also here to support parents, teachers, and administrators as we work together to ensure we nurture every child - socially, emotionally, physically, and academically.