Wylie Retired School Employees
Wylie Retired School Employees (WRSE) is a service and action organization for all public school and higher education retirees. WRSE is affiliated with the Texas Retired Teachers Assn. (TRTA) and works with TRTA to protect and improve the retirement benefits of all Texas public school retirees.
- An annuitant or a beneficiary receiving an annuity from a teacher retirement system can become a member of Wylie RSE and TRTA upon payment of local dues and state dues.
- Any person interested in public education and willing to work to achieve the purposes of TRTA upon payment of local dues and state dues.
- TRTA membership is required to be a local member.
- The fiscal year shall be from July 1 through June 30.
- Membership Application Form
- TRTA: $35
- Chapter: $10
- Where: Wylie ISD Educational Service Center, 951 South Ballard, Wylie, TX.
- When: Second Wednesday of the month from September to May promptly at 10:00 A.M.
- Why: Programs are planned to inform, teach, provide entertainment, and allow time to interact with colleagues.
- What: Come for coffee at 9:30 A.M. and get acquainted with fellow retirees.
Meeting Location: Wylie ISD ESC
Meeting Time: 10 A.M.Sept. 13, 2023Superintendent, Dr. David VinsonMayor, Matthew PorterBBQ Catered LuncheonOct. 18, 2023Field Trip to the Dallas ArboretumNov. 8, 2023Silent Auction to benefit TRTFand the Wylie RSE Book FundDec. 13, 2023Wylie Fine Arts Dept. PerformanceChristmas Tea PartyJan. 10, 2024Bunco Game DaySoup LuncheonFeb. 14, 2024"How to Prevent Cognitive Decline" ProgramWalk Across Texas InformationMar. 20, 2024Wylie RSE Walk-a-Thonto benefit New Teacher ScholarshipsLunch at Napoli's in WylieApr. 10, 2024WISD Career Technology TourLunch at The 544 CafeMay 8, 2024End-of-Year Awards & CelebrationsRosa's Catered Luncheon