Each year our 5th graders travel to the Collin County Adventure Camp, located in Anna, TX. They spend three days and two nights at the camp, exploring an outdoor lifestyle that revolves around hiking, canoeing, fishing, personal reflection, and more. The camp teaches a curriculum that is aligned with the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills), while also integrating social studies, reading, writing, and math.For more information on the camp itself, just follow this link: http://www.ymcadallas.org/locations/collin_county_adventure_camp/outdoor_education/
Important DATES- WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR CAMP.
Session 1: March 21-23 (Golden Bucs, Rising Sun, and El Conquistador)
Session 2: March 23-25 (Black Pearl, Valor, and Dragons of Atlantis)
- Letter of Intent
- Medication (if needed)
- Permission for Student Participation
- Camp Behavior Expectations
- Attendee Release and Parental Authorization
These forms were sent home on January 11th with your student and are due on February 4th.
We would love for parents to attend Adventure Camp with their students!
- If you are interested in attending Adventure Camp as a chaperone, you must complete the following by February 4th.
- Submit the “Chaperone Interest Form” (included in the packet of information)
- Review, sign, and return the “Guidelines for Volunteer Field Trip Chaperones”
- Complete the Wylie ISD Volunteer Background Check (LINK)
- $100 chaperone payment due by February 11th.