What is Bullying?
Report a Bullying IncidentBullying means engaging in written or verbal expression, expression through electronic means, or physical conduct that occurs on school property, at a school-sponsored or school-related activity, or in a vehicle operated by the district and that:
- Has the effect of physically harming a student, damaging a student’s property, or placing a student in reasonable fear of harm;
- Is sufficiently severe, persistent, and pervasive enough that the action or threat creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive education environment for the student. (TEC 37.0832)
Bullying may involve, but is not limited to, any of the following actions that create an intimidating, hostile, or offensive educational environment:
- Repeated teasing or name calling
- Sexual, religious, or racial harassment
- Public humiliation
- Social exclusion
- Spreading rumors
- Repeated physical intimidation
*Cyberbullying is willful harassment and/or intimidation of a person through the use of digital technologies.