To create an endowment to support enhanced educational opportunities for Wylie Independent School District.
The Wylie ISD Education Foundation, Inc. is a
501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors representing a cross-section of citizens who are dedicated to education and share a vision for excellence in our schools. The Foundation was created to promote quality education and enhance the education of all students in the Wylie Independent School District.
The purpose of the Foundation is to solicit, manage, and distribute funds for enrichment purposes in program areas not otherwise funded by the District. Funding is supplemental and does not replace or alter use of tax-based revenue. Donations to the Foundation are received from individuals, corporations, and other foundations to fund educational programs and projects and to create an endowment fund. Programs will be funded from donations and the interest earned on the endowment fund.
- To provide a continuous source of funds with gifts received from individuals, corporations, businesses, trusts and investments.
- To promote student development and excellence through enrichment programs and activities.
- To encourage and recognize creativity among educators by supporting unique growth opportunities and providing resources for innovative teaching ideas.
- To further motivate the Wylie ISD community to become directly involved in education.
Why Should I Give?
Enhancing innovative classroom practices provides a direct benefit not only to the school district but also to the community. Through your contribution you will:
- See the direct benefit of your donation when grants are awarded.
- Become a partner in our school district's quest for academic excellence and educating kids the Wylie Way.
- Encourage teachers to develop creative teaching strategies to improve student learning.
- Provide opportunities to students who in turn will be better prepared to become part of our local workforce.
- Invest in the community of Wylie by contributing to making it a desirable place to live, work, and attend school.