Wylie ISD is applying to receive the allotted funds from the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief III (ESSER III) under the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021. The purpose of this funding is to assist districts with the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic had on schools, and continues to have, including safe operations and addressing student learning needs.
Wylie ISD collected feedback and suggestions from stakeholders in the spring and summer of 2021. Stakeholder groups have identified and prioritized district needs, which were presented at the Board Meeting on June 21, 2021.
- June 21, 2021 | Public Information for ESSER III Funding
- May 20, 2021 | DWEIC Meeting: ESSER Planning
- May 5, 2021 | District Leaders ESSER Planning
Wylie ISD requested feedback from our families and community members in June 2021. We received 2,130 responses from various stakeholder groups including students, parents, teachers, administrators, advocates, civil rights activists, staff, and community members.
- 87% identified academic learning needs as a high priority,
- 72% identified social, emotional, and mental health needs as a high priority,
- 42% identified safety facility enhancements as a high priority, and
- 49% identified technology connectivity as a high priority.
Return to School Plan
Wylie ISD began implementing its Return to School Plan in the summer of 2020. All students will return to in-person instruction during the 2021-22 school year. Health and safety guidelines and protocols that were implemented for the 2020-21 school year can be found here.