Applicants interested in serving on the Wylie ISD Education Foundation (WEF) Board of Directors should first read and understand the expectations of the Board of Directors.
Duties and Expectations of board members:
- Employees of Wylie ISD are not eligible to apply to the Board
- Be fully aware of WEF’s mission and commit to promoting the mission with others outside the organization;
- Commit to serve a 3-year term of office beginning July 1st;
- Attend and participate in monthly Board meetings and committee meetings (missing three meetings in a fiscal year may result in dismissal from the Board);
- Actively participate on at least two committees of the Board;
- Serve as a WEF Board liaison to at least one Wylie ISD campus;
- Support the WEF by giving time, talent and/or financially;
- Actively participate and attend fundraising events for WEF
- Review, approve and monitor the WEF annual operating budget, Bylaws and Policies and Procedures.
The number of available Board of Directors positions is limited by our bylaws. Candidates are evaluated in light of the diversity of board members with regard to such things as experience, occupations, interests, and geographical considerations. The Nominating Committee will review all incoming applicants and form a slate for approval by the current Wylie ISD Education Foundation Board of Directors in the Spring. Accepted members will be notified via email by the end of May.
2023 Board of Directors Application
Please click the following link if you are interested in applying for the Wylie ISD Education Foundation Board of Directors.
Application, resume, and letter of recommendation will need to be submitted by April 21, 2023.
Please note: you will need to have a Google sign-in since you are required to upload a copy of your resume.
Board of Directors Application