We are going to have an amazing time learning together this year in 6th grade ELA! Reading is a central focus in my classroom. We wil READ! READ! READ! While research overwhelmingly supports the long-lasting benefits of reading, one of my main goals for each of my students is to spark a love and enjoyment for reading! The students will be taught to know themselves as readers (their interests, strengths, challenges, strategies to improve, etc.). They will also continue to learn and improve in critical thinking skills when engaging with books.
My class will be full of writing opportunities which will aid in growing each student as a writer. We will focus on developing strong communication skills through writing and speaking. I am very intentional about creating an environment built on respect and trust in which students are affirmed, their ideas are validated, risk-taking is encouraged, and a sense of community is fostered as students share their writing pieces with the class.
Electives / Conference
PE / Conference
- ELA Tutorials will be each Thursday from 3:30-4:15 in my classroom.
- Tutorials are open to any of my students who would like to attend.
- I will contact parents if a student should attend tutorials to work out the details.
- Tutorials are availavle for students to do the following:
- Complete missing work
- Obtain help on assignments or difficult concepts
- Redo and/or correct assignments as needed
I value partnership and communication with my students' parents. Anytime throughout the year that you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me.