In an effort to greater serve students with advanced learning needs, Wylie ISD has open nominations for gifted and talented identification for students in 1st and 3rd through 11th grade each spring.
If you are interested in having your child screened for Wylie ISD’s Gifted and Talented Program, there are a number of important things to remember:
- February 3, 2020: Referral Forms will be made available online and at the campus
- Friday, February 28, 2020, 3:00 p.m.: Referral Form deadline.
- March 16 – April 24, 2020: GT screening and assessment will be administered at the student’s home campus during the school day.
- April 27 – May 1, 2020: All scoring and ratings will be completed by GT assessment teams.
- May 11 - 15, 2020: Campus and parents will receive results.
- August 2020: GT services begin for newly identified students.
*Students who were already screened this year must wait a full year before being retested. All kindergarten students were screened in the fall and 2nd grade students will be screened in the spring this year.
Visit the Gifted & Talented Department webpage for more information.