School Hours are 7:30a.m. – 2:40p.m.
- School doors open at 7 a.m. Breakfast is served beginning at 7 a.m. Please make sure your child has breakfast and is at school on time.
- If dismissal changes, please call the office or email me or send me a text through the remind app if your child will go home a different way.
- Please check and sign your child’s folder daily.
- Inside the folder, you will find a calendar, homework and other important information.
- Please put all notes and forms in child’s daily folder and send me a message to let me know to expect it.
- Thursday envelopes will be sent home every Thursday. Please read, sign, empty, and return each Friday.
Breakfast, Snack, and Lunch
Breakfast begins at 7:00 a.m. Snack time will be from 10:15-10:25. Your child is responsible for bringing his/her own healthy snack every day (fruits, vegetables, pretzels, goldfish, crackers, etc.). In addition, please provide snacks that are easy to manage and will not spill or need additional clean up. Snacks should not need a utensil. Please do not send any juice. WATER ONLY. Please send water in a spill proof/leak proof container if at all possible. Lunch will be from 12:05 p.m. - 12:35 p.m. The cost of breakfast is $1.50 and the cost of lunch is $2.50
Parents are welcome to eat lunch at the assigned parent table but please only bring food for your child. Your child may ask one friend to sit with them.
Birthdays are very exciting and the children love to celebrate with each other. You may only bring individually wrapped goodies that list all the ingredients on each bag. No cupcakes. Students must take them home to eat them. If you would like to pass out invitations for a birthday party, I would be glad to do so, however please make sure that you have enough for each child in the class, all of the girls, or all of the boys in the class.
Everyone is encouraged to be a volunteer in first grade. There are many different volunteer opportunities for you to take part in. Some of the opportunities include PTA, classroom help (prepare materials, copy, cut laminated materials, room parents), and field trips. Another way to volunteer is by donating classroom materials that have started to run scarce.
*Please remember, in order to volunteer in the classroom, come or help with parties, or work with the children, you must have a background check completed and on file. You must re-apply at the beginning of every school year.
There will be 3 classroom parties throughout the year; a winter celebration, a friendship party, and an end of year party.
Reading Tips for Home
- Read 20 minutes daily
- Choose a book that the child can read
- Have child look for high frequency words (like, can, etc.)
- Have child look for word family words (cat, bat, hat)
- Have child look for chunks
Ask questions as child reads