Wylie ISD CLAAS (Creating Leaders and Advocates for Schools)
Wylie ISD parents and community members are invited to participate in a yearlong journey that will give you an opportunity to study the internal operations of WISD up close. Over the course of a school year, you will meet with administrators and school board members, covering a variety of topics from curriculum, teaching and learning, budgets, testing personnel and much more. Most importantly you will have the opportunity to interact with the leaders and decision makers of Wylie ISD.
The program consists of eight sessions held once a month from September through April at locations all over the school district – including schools, the transportation center, the stadium, and the Educational Service Center. Sessions are held on the third Wednesday of each month, from 9:00 to noon. This opportunity is more than just a “sit and get” program. Wylie ISD CLAAS will provide interaction with students and teachers, tours of district facilities, dialogue with administrators, and district personnel, and opportunities to see firsthand how the district works. For your investment of time, you will be rewarded with a wealth of knowledge about Wylie ISD and a greater appreciation for educators. For more information please visit our CLAAS website.
Wylie ISD is now accepting applications for our 2021-2022 CLAAS (Creating Leaders and Advocates for Schools). Enrollment is limited. For more information, please contact Diane Neel at (972) 429-3012 or email@example.com
Wylie ISD CLAAS 2022-2023 Session Topics
- September 21: Kick-Off to a Great Year — Wylie ISD CLAAS
- October 19: So, What Did You Do in School Today?
- November 16: Every Student, Every Day!
- December 14:* It’s the ABC’s of Teaching and Learning
- January 18: Education is Everyone’s Job
- February 15: Safety and Finance – The Wylie Way
- March 15: Don’t Panic – This is Just a Test
- April 19: Celebrate the Past, Honor the Present, and Plan for the Future
- **May 15 (Monday): Graduation Ceremony during the Wylie ISD School Board meeting, 6:30 p.m. - 7:30