2018-2019 ELIGIBILITY FOR PREKINDERGARTEN PROGRAM
Prekindergarten Round Up will be held again Aug. 6-8 at Hartman Elementary.
Call 972-429-3480 for more information.
If you have a child who will be four years old on or before September 1st, the child may be eligible to enroll in prekindergarten classes at located at Hartman Elementary. *A prekindergarten application does NOT guarantee a place for any child. Students observe the same school calendar as other Wylie ISD students. All pre-K classes are half-day. Parents must furnish transportation to and from school. NEW PK Class Times are: Morning session 7:10 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Afternoon session 11:20 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Cost for the program is minimal personal school supplies (paper, pencil, crayons, etc.) See the complete Prekindergarten School Supply List.
- The child must be four years old before September 1st AND
he or she must meet one or more of the following qualifiers:
- The child is Limited English Proficient (i.e. has limited ability in speaking or understand English).
- The child is educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program),
- The child is homeless.
- The child’s parent is an active duty military member or the parent was killed or injured while on active duty.
- The child who is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services.
- The child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award Certificate as: a) a peace officer under section 3106.002 Government Code; b) a firefighter under Section 3106.003 Government Code; or c)an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code. https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/criminal-justice/PastStarOfTexasAwards.pdf
Parents may contact Hartman Elementary for registration information. Application does not guarantee a place for any child. Enrollment is based on eligibility and the enrollment at the selected campuses.
To Enroll a Child, the Parent/Guardian may enroll on-line at https://www.wylieisd.net/enroll. On the day of registration you MUST bring:
- Birth Certificate*
- Proof of Residency in Wylie ISD*
- Signed Contract/lease agreement or
- Most current utility bill (water, gas, or electric)
Please note: If you are currently living with another person and the proof of residency is in that person's name, both you and that person will need to sign a notarized affidavit. This can be done on campus during registration.
- Driver’s License of parent or legal guardian enrolling student or a valid picture ID
- Military documentation, if applicable
- Documentation from the DFPS (Form 2085) showing verification of eligibility to participate in PK program, if applicable
- Social Security Card (if available)
- Immunization Records (a child may not begin school without current immunization records.)
- Income verification or Food Stamp documentation letter must be verified through School Nutrition at 972-429-2333 or at 200 Pirate Drive, Wylie, TX 75098.
For more information contact Hartman Elementary at 972-429-3480 or Dr. Jessica Branch, Coordinator for Federal Programs & Special Services at 972-429-2387 or email@example.com.