Wylie ISD offers half-day prekindergarten for eligible students. Registration is ongoing.
Who can attend prekindergarten?
Students must be 4-years old by September 1st of the school year AND he or she must meet one of the following criteria:
- does not speak or understand English (limited English proficient)
- is considered educationally disadvantaged based on family income
- is homeless
- is a dependent of a member of the military on active duty, injured, or killed while on active duty
- is currently or has ever been in State of Texas foster care
- is a dependent of an indiviudal who received the Star of Texas Award
Students must meet the age requirement as well as one of the above criteria to qualify for the program.
Where does prekindergarten take place?
Currently, all prekindergarten students are served at Hartman Elementary. It is located at 510 S Birmingham Street, Wylie TX 75098.
How can I enroll my child?
Parents can fill out the online enrollment at anytime. Registration is ongoing. Then, official documents will need to be provided. All of the following documents are required:
- original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the State
- immunization records
- Social Security card for the child
- proof of residency in Wylie ISD (gas, electric bill or lease)
- parent or guardian's driver'slicense or identification card
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need to provide:
- Income Eligibility: proof of income such as 1040_ form, check stubs, letter from employer, unemployment letter, and/or food stamp letter
- Homeless: Student Residency Questionnaire (English/Spanish)
- Foster: copy of Form 2085
- Military: active duty documentation or documentation of injury or death while on duty
- Star of Texas Award: documentation of award
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Wylie ISD offer tuition-based prekindergarten?
No, at this time, we do not offer tuition-based programs.
- Is transportation provided for my prekindergarten student?
Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to offer transportation to these students.
- What school supplies are needed for my child?
You can find the updated school supplylist on Hartman Elementary's website. Specifically, thelists are found under the Parents tab.
- Can my child attend prekindergarten part-time?
It is highly recommended that students attend school every day, unless they are ill. This will help your child get the most access to what the program has to offer.
Should you have any further questions, please contact us at anytime.
- Dr. Jessica Branch
Coordinator for Federal Programs
- Hartman Elementary