Pre-K Registration for the 2023-24 School Year (Students must be four years old by September 1, 2023)
Please visit www.wylieisd.net/enroll to complete the online application.
Parents and students must attend Pre-K Roundup at Dodd Elementary, 1500 Park Boulevard, Wylie 75098.
- May 30, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Students whose last names begin with A-L
- May 31, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Students whose last names begin with M-Z
- June 1, 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.: Students who were unable to attend on May 30 or May 31
Families who were not able to attend Pre-K Roundup on May 3-June 1 should contact Hartman Elementary in August. Make-up language assessments will be given July 31-August 4 and August 21-25.
Who can attend pre-kindergarten?
Students must be four years old by September 1 and meet one of the following criteria:
- does not speak or understand English (limited English proficiency)
- is considered economically disadvantaged based on family income
- is homeless
- is a dependent of a member of the military on active duty, injured, or killed while on active duty
- is currently or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)
- is a dependent of an individual who received the Star of Texas Award
Where does prekindergarten take place?
All half-day prekindergarten students are served at Hartman Elementary, located at 510 S Birmingham Street, Wylie, TX 75098. All qualifying students registered after June 1, 2023, will be placed at Hartman Elementary.
Students in the full-day program will be served at Dodd Elementary, located at 1500 Park Blvd, Wylie, TX 75098, or at Smith Elementary, located at 2221 Country Club Road, Wylie, TX 75098.
Registration for the full-day programs at Dodd and Smith is closed as both of these campuses are at capacity for the 23-24 school year.
What documents are required?
No student will be enrolled in Pre-K until the required documents are turned in.
- original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the state - must be taken to Hartman
- immunization records
- Social Security card for the child
- proof of residency in Wylie ISD (gas, electric bill or lease)
- parent or guardian's driver's license or identification card
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need to provide:
- Income Eligibility: proof of income such as 1040_ form, check stubs, letter from employer, unemployment letter, and/or food stamp letter
- Homeless: Student Residency Questionnaire (English/Spanish)
- Foster: copy of Form 2085
- Military: active duty documentation or documentation of injury or death while on duty
- Star of Texas Award: documentation of award
Frequently Asked Questions
What are school hours?
Full-day at Dodd or Smith Elementary is 7 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
The morning half-day program is from 7:10 a.m. – 10:20 am. The afternoon half-day program is from 11:20 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Does Wylie ISD offer tuition-based Pre-K?
No, at this time, we do not offer tuition-based programs.
Is transportation provided for my Pre-K student?
Transportation is not provided for Pre-K students.
What school supplies are needed for my child?
You can find the updated school supply list on Hartman Elementary or Dodd Elementary's website. Hartman Pre-K Supply List
My child doesn't meet any of the eligibility criteria. Can I be put on a list if there are additional openings?
No. The state does not fund Pre-K for ineligible students.
Can my child attend Pre-K part-time?
It is highly recommended that students attend school every day unless they are ill. This will help your child get the most access to what the program has to offer.
Family Engagement Plan
Parent involvement is crucial to each child's success. Each year, a Prekindergarten Family Engagement Plan is revised and evaluated to ensure we address activities and practices that promote this important relationship.
Should you have any further questions, please contact us.
Special Services: 972.429.2386