NEW! Beginning in August 2021, we will offer two additional full-day classes for eligible students. The two full-day bilingual pre-kindergarten programs at Dodd will continue during the 21-22 school year. There are limited seats available for the full-day program. Placement in the full day program will be made by the Special Services Department and priority will be given to eligible students whose parents complete all enrollment requirements.
All other pre-kindergarten classes will continue to operate on a half-day schedule at Hartman Elementary.
When is the 2021-2022 registration event?
Registration is at Hartman Elementary.
510 S. Birmingham Street, Wylie, TX 75098
Last Names A-M June 1, 9 AM-5 PM
Last Names N-Z June 2, 9 AM-5 PM
All students June 3, 9-11 AM
Please visit www.wylieisd.net/enroll to complete the online application. The online application must be completed before coming to Hartman for registration. For everyone's safety, social distancing will be in place and masks will be required for adults. Only one parent per student will be allowed to enter Hartman Elementary. Language testing will take place on the day of registration, so please plan to spend at least one hour at registration if your child speaks a language other than English.
Who can attend pre-kindergarten?
Students must be 4-years old by September 1st of the school year AND he or she must meet one of the following criteria:
- does not speak or understand English (limited English proficient)
- is considered educationally disadvantaged based on family income
- is homeless
- is a dependent of a member of the military on active duty, injured, or killed while on active duty
- is currently or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)
- is a dependent of an individual who received the Star of Texas Award
Students must meet the age requirement as well as one of the above criteria to qualify for the program.
Where does prekindergarten take place?
All half-day prekindergarten students are served at Hartman Elementary. It is located at 510 S Birmingham Street, Wylie TX 75098.
Students in the full-day program for 2021-2022 will be served at Dodd Elementary, located at 1500 Park Blvd, Wylie, TX 75098. This program has limited availability.
How can I enroll my child?
Parents can fill out the online enrollment at anytime. Registration is ongoing. Then, official documents will need to be provided. All of the following documents are required:
- original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the State
- immunization records
- Social Security card for the child
- proof of residency in Wylie ISD (gas, electric bill or lease)
- parent or guardian's driver's license or identification card
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need to provide:
- Income Eligibility: proof of income such as 1040_ form, check stubs, letter from employer, unemployment letter, and/or food stamp letter
- Homeless: Student Residency Questionnaire (English/Spanish)
- Foster: copy of Form 2085
- Military: active duty documentation or documentation of injury or death while on duty
- Star of Texas Award: documentation of award
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are school hours?
Morning PK hours are 7:10 AM to 10:20 AM. Afternoon PK hours are 11:30 AM to 2:40 PM. Full-day programs will operate on the elementary campus schedule.
- Does Wylie ISD offer tuition-based prekindergarten?
No, at this time, we do not offer tuition-based programs.
- Is transportation provided for my prekindergarten student?
Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to offer transportation to these students.
- What school supplies are needed for my child?
You can find the updated school supplylist on Hartman Elementary's website. Specifically, thelists are found under the Parents tab.
- My child doesn't meet any of the eligibility criteria. Can I be put on list if there are additional openings?
No. The state does not fund prekindergarten for ineligible students.
- Can my child attend prekindergarten part-time?
It is highly recommended that students attend school every day, unless they are ill. This will help your child get the most access to what the program has to offer.
Family Engagement Plan
Parent involvement is crucial to each child's success. Each year, a Prekindergarten Family Engagement Plan is revised and evaluated to ensure we address activities and practices that promote this important relationship.
Should you have any further questions, please contact us at anytime.
- Jill Vasquez
Director of Special Services
- Hartman Elementary