When is the 2022-2023 registration event?
Pre-K Registration will be at Hartman Elementary, 510 S. Birmingham Street, Wylie 75098
May 31, 9 am - 4 pm -- Last Names A-M
June 1, 9 am - 4 pm -- Last Names N-Z
June 2, 9 am- 11 am -- Open to anyone who did not come on May 31 or June 1.
Please visit www.wylieisd.net/enroll to complete the online application.
The online application must be completed before coming to Hartman for registration.
Parents of students who apply for Pre-K after June 2 will be contacted in August to determine if the student qualifies for Pre-K.
Who can attend pre-kindergarten?
Students must be 4-years old by September 1st, 2022 AND he or she must meet one of the following criteria:
- does not speak or understand English (limited English proficient)
- is considered economically disadvantaged based on family income
- is homeless
- is a dependent of a member of the military on active duty, injured, or killed while on active duty
- is currently or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)
- is a dependent of an individual who received the Star of Texas Award
Where does prekindergarten take place?
All half-day prekindergarten students are served at Hartman Elementary, located at 510 S Birmingham Street, Wylie, TX 75098.
Students in the full-day program will be served at Dodd Elementary, located at 1500 Park Blvd, Wylie, TX 75098. This program has limited availability.
Decisions regarding placement into the full-day program or half-day program will be made by the Special Services Department. Students who are in foster care, homeless, or have parents in the military will receive first priority for full-day Pre-K. These decisions will be made the week of July 25th.
How can I enroll my child?
Parents can fill out the online enrollment at anytime. Required documents will need to be provided at Pre-K Registration at Hartman on May 31 or June 1. No student will be enrolled in Pre-K until the required documents are turned in.
- original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the State
- immunization records
- Social Security card for the child
- proof of residency in Wylie ISD (gas, electric bill or lease)
- parent or guardian's driver's license or identification card
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need to provide:
- Income Eligibility: proof of income such as 1040_ form, check stubs, letter from employer, unemployment letter, and/or food stamp letter
- Homeless: Student Residency Questionnaire (English/Spanish)
- Foster: copy of Form 2085
- Military: active duty documentation or documentation of injury or death while on duty
- Star of Texas Award: documentation of award
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are school hours?
Morning Pre-K hours are 7:10 AM to 10:20 AM. Afternoon Pre-K hours are 11:30 AM to 2:40 PM. Full-day programs will operate on the elementary campus schedule.
- Does Wylie ISD offer tuition-based Pre-K?
No, at this time, we do not offer tuition-based programs.
- Is transportation provided for my Pre-K student?
Transportation is not provided for Pre-K students.
- What school supplies are needed for my child?
You can find the updated school supply list on Hartman Elementary or Dodd Elementary's website. Hartman Pre-K Supply List
- My child doesn't meet any of the eligibility criteria. Can I be put on list if there are additional openings?
No. The state does not fund Pre-K for ineligible students.
- Can my child attend Pre-Kpart-time?
It is highly recommended that students attend school every day, unless they are ill. This will help your child get the most access to what the program has to offer.
Family Engagement Plan
Parent involvement is crucial to each child's success. Each year, a Prekindergarten Family Engagement Plan is revised and evaluated to ensure we address activities and practices that promote this important relationship.
Should you have any further questions, please contact us.
Special Services (972) 429-2385 or (972) 429-2383