Student Teachers & Classroom Observers
Wylie ISD is proud to partner with local universities and certification programs to provide opportunities for individuals to learn and observe in our classrooms. For more information contact Human Resources Coordinator’s office at 972-429-3066.
Wylie ISD welcomes student teachers during the fall and spring semesters. To request placement, please follow the steps below. All student teacher requests are handled through Human Resources. Students or representatives should not contact teachers or principals directly. More information on the program can be found in the Student Teacher Handbook.
1. Student Teacher requests must be made by the university or certification program.
The request must include:
- Description of the assignment
- Certification being sought
- Preferences for school or grade level
- Assignment starting and ending dates or total hours required
2. Complete an online background check for the district.
*Placement requests must be received no later than November 21, 2017 for Spring 2018 Student Teaching.Please contact Melissa Hefty at (972) 429-3066 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Classroom Observers are individuals looking to observe in our classrooms in order to meet state or university requirements prior to teacher certification. Wylie ISD does allow individuals to observe in our classrooms. The available dates for observation are as follows:
Wylie ISD does not offer classroom observations during summer school.
- Fall — 3 weeks after the first day of school — 3 weeks before Christmas break
- Spring — 1 week after students return from Christmas break — 3 weeks before school ends
Observation Request Process
Please contact Melissa Hefty at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding classroom observations.
- Complete an Instructional Observation Request Form.
- Complete an online background check for the district.
- You will receive an email from Alyshia.Polando with your campus and teacher observation information.