SMSgt Lewis retired from the Air Force in 2013 after 26 years of service. His Air Force duties included 6 years as a Transportation specialist and 20 years as a Boom Operator flying on the KC-135R/T Tanker. Of his 26 years, 16 years were spent serving overseas. He and his family served at 6 different permanent duty assignments including NC, Germany, WA, Japan, England, and TX.
This is SMSgt Lewis' 7th year at Wylie High School. He teaches Leadership Education to all grade levels, making up 40% of the JROTC curriculum. Curriculum rotates annually for ROTC I, II, III, and IV. Aerospace Science makes up 40% of the JROTC curriculum and the final 20% consists of physical training (PT). SMSgt Lewis is married to the former Ms. Heidi Newton. They have two beautiful children Ashley and Peyton as well as three grandsons, Mason, Maddox, and Greyson.
1. May 87 - Jan 90, 4th TRS, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
2. Jan 90 - May 94, 36th TRS, Bitburg AB, Germany
3. May 94 - May 97, 93rd ARS, Fairchild AFB, WA.
4. May 97 - Aug 04, 909th ARS/100 OG, Kadena AB, Japan
5. Aug 04 - Aug 08, 351 ARS, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
6. Aug 08 - May 13, HQ AETC, Randolph AFB, TX.