Meal Benefits Q&A

  • Q: Who Qualifies for Free/Reduced Meal Status?

  • Q: What If I Disagree with the School’s Decision About My Application?

  • Q: My Child’s Application Was Approved Last Year. Do I Need to Fill Out A New Application?

  • Q: What If My Income Is Not Always the Same?

  • Q: If I Don’t Qualify Now, May I Apply Later?

  • Q: We Are in The Military. Do We Report Our Income Differently?

  • Q: May I Apply If Someone in My Household Is Not a U.S. Citizen?

  • Q: Will Application Information Be Checked?

  • Q: My Family Needs More Help. Are There Other Programs We Might Apply For?

  • Q: Can I Apply Online?

If you have other questions or need help, call Tammy Poplin at 972-429-2333

  • In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1)    mail:        U.S. Department of Agriculture

                            Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                            1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                            Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


    (2)    fax:          (202) 690-7442; or

    (3)    email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.