Dyslexia Program Mission Statement
The Dyslexia Program in Wylie ISD, in partnership with parents, teachers, and administrators, will provide all students identified with dyslexia research-based instruction and academic support to prepare them to be successful, lifetime readers and writers.
Goals & Objectives
- Implementation of research-based instruction to improve students’ reading, spelling, oral and written expression, thus improving students’ overall academic performance
- Heighten student awareness of their strengths, thus gaining stronger confidence and self-esteem
- Improve student organizational and study skills
- Provide for parent and teacher communication and effective partnerships
- Promote community awareness of dyslexia
- Maintain support of students identified with dyslexia in all academic areas
- Utilize appropriate technology for the support of students identified with dyslexia
On September 3rd, 2021, the State Board of Education (SBOE) gave final approval for updates to the Dyslexia Handbook. Some of the updates to the Dyslexia Handbook may require LEAs to make policy, procedure, and practice changes. The updated Dyslexia Handbook will go into effect on February 10th, 2022.
The handbook contains guidelines for school districts to follow as they identify and provide services for students with dyslexia. In addition, information regarding the state's dyslexia statutes and their relation to various federal laws is included. The changes to the handbook are summarized for parents in English and Spanish by TEA.
Below is a link to a copy of the Dyslexia Handbook. A Spanish version of the handbook is currently unavailable.
Wylie ISD Dyslexia Coordinator
951 S. Ballard Ave
Wylie, TX 75098