Sachse and Wylie both use Community Waste Disposal to pick up trash and recycling, so both cities have the same rules for what is accepted in your curbside recycling bin.
Print this flyer (see below) and keep it near your recycling bin for quick reference! Remember only the items below are allowed in your recycling bin. Make sure your items are clean and dry. Also, items should NOT be in a bag.
1) Plastic containers (#1-5 & #7) - NO plastic bags or packaging!
2) Aluminum, Steel, & Tin Containers
3) Glass bottles & Containers
4) Newspapers / Mixed Papers - NO shredded, wet, or food soiled paper!
5) Cardboard - Broken down flat and not wet!
6) Wax coated paper drink containers
Check out Community Waste Disposal's website for more information: