Become a Volunteer
Wylie ISD is committed to providing a safe environment for student, staff, and visitors. If you will be participating in the following capacities, please complete an online volunteer background check.
- Obtain a Pre-Check ID Card
(Allows parents/gransparents/legal guardian to avoid the checkin line when attending special programs and celebrations!)
- Student Teach
- University/Program Classroom Observation
- Contracted Service Provider for Wylie ISD
- Current WISD employees and substitutes are not required to complete the volunteer background check.
- Once you are approved, you will be cleared for the current school year only.
- Your volunteer application is a confidential matter and we ask that you do not discuss your results with campus staff members.
- Third-Party Vendor Notice:
- Wylie ISD contracts with DCS Information Systems, a third party vendor, to complete a criminal history check on parents/grandparents and legal guardians. All others will be completed through TX Department of Public Safety.
- An authorization and consent form is included in the application.