Wylie Stadium Bag Policy
Fans are encouraged to limit the number of items they bring with them to the stadium. They will be able to carry (1) one of the following style and size bag into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand but not larger than 5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items
- Diaper bags are allowed as long as they are accompanied by an infant
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
In conjunction with the UIL and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
- Abusive, foul or disruptive language or clothing
- Animals (except service dogs to aid guests with disabilities)
- Balls (including but not limited to football, soccer, lacrosse)
- Bottles, cans and beverage containers of any kind*
- Clear bags larger than 12”x 6”x 12” and all non-clear bags larger than 6.5” x 4.5”, including purses, binocular and camera cases
- Drones and any other unmanned and remote-controlled aircraft systems
- E-cigarettes and Vaporizers
- Fighting, taunting or threatening remarks or gestures
- Fireworks, firearms and weapons of any kind
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption or other drug use
- Laser pointers
- Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
- Any other item or action deemed dangerous or inappropriate
* Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
All persons and/or their belongings are subject to search as a condition of entry into Wylie Stadium.
Visit the Wylie ISD Athletics website for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all purses prohibited?
Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags?
What about diaper bags?
If I have special medical equipment I need to have with me at all times, where do I put that?
Will this policy affect the ability of fans to tailgate?
Why did Wylie ISD adopt this policy?
Are other events and stadiums limiting bags as well?
How does the policy improve public safety?
What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
How many bags can each person bring into the stadium?
Can fans carry cameras, binoculars, smartphones or tablets separately from what they put in a clear bag?
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?