Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 all Wylie ISD students will begin online learning at home while our buildings are closed. Currently, all campuses will be closed through April 3, 2020. However the situation continues to be fluid and this may change. In the meantime, we are taking steps now to ensure all children have access to education.
Students needing technical support can email firstname.lastname@example.org. The address can help with any technical issues they may experience connecting to online learnign including psswords, hardware or software issues.
Your student will need to have internet access, access to a device, and Google Classroom. If you already have one of the following devices at home, you will not need to pick up a Chromebook from the school:
- Desktop or Laptop (Windows or MacOS)
- iPad, or other tablet computer
If you do not have internet access at home, below are some options offered by a few Internet Service Providers:
Free or Low Cost Internet resources:
- Spectrum: First 2 months free and connection fees are waived. Remember to cancel after 2 months if you no longer need service. Call 1-844-488-8395
- AT&T: $10/month for qualifying limited-income households. Call 855-220-5211 (English) 855-220-5225 (Spanish). Website: https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/
- Public WiFi Hotspots currently free to everyone with a device: AT&T, Spectrum, Verizon. Some can be accessed from the parking lot.
- MyWifi can often be reached from the parking lot or front porch of a WylieISD campus.
Recursos de Internet gratuitos o de bajo costo:
- Spectrum: Los primeros 2 meses son gratuitos y no se cobran tarifas de conexión. Recuerde cancelar después de 2 meses si ya no necesita servicio. Llame al 1-844-488-8395
- AT&T: $ 10 / mes para hogares elegibles de ingresos limitados. Llame al 855-220-5211 (inglés) 855-220-5225 (español). Sitio web:https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/
- WiFi pública actualmente gratuitos para todos los que tengan un dispositivo: AT&T, Spectrum, Verizon. Se puede acceder a algunos desde el estacionamiento.
Additional information is provided in the following guides:
It was good to see many of our families as you came through our Chromebook pickup lines Thursday and Friday! If you still need to pick up a Chromebook from the district, please contact campus administration to schedule a pickup time. A parent must be present for a device to be checked out to a student. Now that you have your technology, we are ready for school to start on Monday. Our teachers have been very busy preparing online lessons for you. Beginning Monday, March 23, Wylie ISD will be monitoring student participation in Google Classroom.
You will receive a daily email from me, your principal, and your teachers each day of online learning. These emails will give you informational updates and daily assignments. Please check on your friends to make sure they are receiving daily emails. If they are not, please have them contact your principal.
For each day of online learning, please:
- Read daily emails from teachers and the principal
- Login daily to Google Classroom for assignments from teachers
- Complete online assignments by due dates
- Students who are in need of assistance or have questions about their work should attend the live support sessions from their teachers.
- Elementary schools have communicated login and generic password information for PreK-2nd grade students. Parents or caregivers will log into Google classroom and assist their PreK-2nd grade students with accessing their assignments.
We understand that this is new and different. We are all learning together! My staff and I are here to support you with your questions. We are available Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- For instructions to log in to a Wylie ISD Chromebook, please read our click sheet.
- For instructions to access Google Classroom, please check our help guide.
Although our buildings are closed, we are committed to continuing education. You will receive daily emails from your campus principal and your teachers. All authentic Wylie ISD communication will be emailed via Skyward (Achieve Academy will continue to use Blackboard and Edgenuity for communication and coursework). Please check with your friends and neighbors to ensure they are receiving Wylie ISD emails. If they are not, please have them contact their campus principal immediately.
Your student’s daily online participation will count as being present for each school day. It is very important that your student logs in and participates. Should you need assistance or have questions, please look for contact information in emails sent by your campus principal.