Highlights of the January 8, 2020 Meeting
- Coffee and chat time with friends, waiting for the meeting to start.
- Judy Brewster read “21 Ways to Celebrate Life” by Nancy Rothstein for the inspiration reading.
- Lauren Smith, Hugs Café Director of Development, was the guest speaker. Hugs is a non-profit restaurant in McKinney, Texas, staffed by adults with special needs. Ashton, a Hugs employee, also spoke to the group. For more information on this non-profit organization: https://hugscafe.org/
- Pam Perkins reports that as of today, we have 97 members in WRSE. Janie is our newest member.
- Janet McMillen, 2nd VP, updates members on the 2019 book distribution to Wylie ISD kindergarten students.
- Judy Brewster and Beth Scholz are the top two volunteers for the year.
- Patsy Bratton, Suzanne Holcomb, Patsy Robertson and Kathy Wilbanks hosted the luncheon with pizza from Mr. Jim’s Pizza. Members enjoyed the pizza along with the camaraderie. Thank you to our hostesses!