November 8, 2022 Official Board Election Results
The Wylie ISD Board of Trustees canvassed the election results at a special-called meeting on Nov. 17, 2022. The official election results from Collin County are as follows:
- Jill Palmer: 7,976 votes
- Stacie Smith: 12,986 votes
- Jeffrey Keech: 7,443 votes
- Mike Williams: 13,172 votes
- Virdie Montgomery: 12,709 votes
- Kevin Brooks: 8,196 votes
- Jacob Day: 12,721 votes
- Michael Schwerin: 7,182 votes
View more results and information in the official canvass report.
Board Election Information: November 8, 2022
About the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees consists of seven members elected to serve, without compensation, for overlapping terms of four years each. Elections are conducted in November. While candidates run for specific places, they represent at large.
The next board of trustee election is scheduled for November 8, 2022. Places up for election will be place 1, place 2, place 5 and place 6.
The school district contracts with Collin County Election Division for election services.
Terms and Election Schedule
Board members shall be elected for four-year terms, with elections conducted bi-annually, as follows:
- The election of four Board members shall be held in 2018, 2022, 2026, and in four-year intervals thereafter.
- The election of three Board members shall be held in 2020, 2024, 2028, and in four-year intervals thereafter.
Candidate's Guide to Primary & General Elections
The Texas Election Code designates the Secretary of State as the chief election officer of the State of Texas. In order to provide information on the electoral process to all Texans, his office has prepared a guide in the expectation that increased information will result in increased participation.
2022 Election Highlights
- First day to file for place on the ballot: July 25, 2022
- Last day to file for place on the ballot: August 22, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Early voting begins: October 24, 2022
- Last day of early voting: November 4, 2022
- Election Date: November 8, 2022
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot will be August 26, 2022
- The candidate filing period to file an application for a place on the ballot is: Monday, July 25, 2022 to Monday, August 22, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Office Hours:
June 3-July 29, 2022: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., closed on Fridays.
Beginning August 1, 2022: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Office Hours:
- All applications filed are public records and open to inspection upon request.
- Completed forms may be returned to the Educational Service Center at 951 S. Ballard Ave., Wylie, TX 75098 or faxed to 972.941.6005, attention Rhonda Tracy.
Wylie ISD welcomes candidates and the Superintendent’s Office and the Communications and Community Relations Departments are here to help. To maintain a fair process for all, please know that it is the duty of the candidate to become familiar with the applicable laws regarding campaigns for office. The duty of Wylie ISD is limited to accepting and filing reports and noting the date received thereon. Wylie ISD should not be expected to advise or comment upon the timeliness or sufficiency of reports filed.
For answers to your questions on financial reports, you can contact the Texas Ethics Commission at 1- 800-325-8506. You can find information regarding elections on the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.state.tx.us and information regarding ethics can be found on the Texas Ethics Commission’s website at www.ethics.state.tx.us. You can find helpful information at www.tasb.org under the board service tab.
Assistant to Superintendent/Board