News from your Counselors:
Ending the SEMESTER SUCCESSFULLY!! We have 3 weeks left in the semester!!! YAY!!! Here are some things parents and students can do together to help each PATRIOT cross the SEMESTER FINSH line SUCCESSFULLY!
- Set a tutorial schedule – use the schedule linked below to find when and how to connect to each teacher
- Get Organized with some of these Organization Apps: https://www.smore.com/4veju-organization?ref=email
- Clean up Google Classroom – Assignment Organization Video Link
- Create a habit of checking Skyward every day for grades – make sure to focus on P2B and T2 (TERM 2) ONLY! This is the current grading period you have CONTROL of NOW!
8th Grade Students & Parents – It is that time to start STEP ONE in the preparation process for High School registration! The first step is to watch the Career Experience videos made by Wylie ISD students! These videos explain the Career Experience options in high school. Here is the link to the district page with all of the videos listed: https://www.wylieisd.net/Page/15991
Teen Mental Health Presentation Information- Check out the presentation from the Grant Haliburton Foundation, the district hosted virtually on Nov. 5th. The program discussed issues affecting teens, focusing on the topics of Stress, Depression, and Suicide. We have posted the information from the presentation on our #PARENTSsettheSTANDARD website linked here.
Mental Health Support After Hours: If you need mental health support after our office hours, please contact one of the following:
- Crisis Text Line – text “HOME” to 741741
- National Helpline at 800.662.HELP (4357)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800.273.TALK (8255)
Remote-Learner - Instructions for Connecting with your Patriot Plus teacher
Remote-Learner Technology HELP: A message from the Technology Department:
Please click the link below and submit the information as fully as possible; the more detailed the description the better. We look forward to being able to serve you in a more timely manner with this new process. https://wylieisd.incidentiq.com/guest/CWP6DVS3/remote-help
Try these troubleshooting ideas from Mrs. Sanchez, our Media Specialist.
- Having issues with camera/mic.
- Having trouble logging in to Clever
- If students are having issues with their Chromebook, please have them put in a help ticket at this link. This will alert our campus tech, Thai. If there is an urgent issue or a password issue, please go through me. Feel free to post this link in your Google Classroom.