Wylie Ways - Social-Emotional Learning
What is SEL?
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which all young people and adults acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to:
- Understand and manage emotions
- Set and achieve positive goals
- Feel and show empathy for others
- Establish and maintain positive relationships
- Make responsible decisions (CASEL, 2018)
SEL The Wylie Way
Wylie ISD's commitment to excellence does not just begin and end in academic success for all students. As a district, we will foster social and emotional health that builds positive relationships and encourages responsible decision-making.