Instructions for Recording Attendance
- Take attendance on a skyward-generated attendance roster report.
- Always use ink.
- Take attendance at the start of class.
- Clearly call out the names of each student on the attendance roster.
- If a student is present, leave blank.
- If the student is absent from class, place an A on the line next to the absent student.
- The attendance roster must be signed and dated by the substitute teacher.
- Get the attendance roster to the attendance office as soon as possible.
- Questions? Refer to the attendance office with questions or concerns
- At no time is attendance allowed to be taken by a student.
- Substitutes must use a classroom attendance roster to take attendance.
- Taking attendance correctly is vital for funding and a student's permanent school records.
- When a student is incorrectly coded as absent, our District loses money intended to better our students.
- Please be accurate!