WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) - Engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying and enhance the educational environment at your school.
WATCH D.O.G.S. is the father involvement initiative of the National Center for Fathering that organizes fathers and father figures in order to provide positive male role models for the students and to enhance school security. Today, more than 2200 active programs in 41 states participate in the WATCH D.O.G.S. Program.
For the current 2021-22 School Year we are looking forward to registering more dads at our September 15th Pizza Kickoff Event! Don’t worry if you miss it, more details on how to sign up are below!
Who are WatchD.O.G.S.?
Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer at least one day a year in a variety of school and PTA activities. In addition to being a great male role model at the school for the students a typical day on campus you can expect to:
- Start your day taking a photo of you and your child(ren)
- Help greet with morning arrivals
- Spend spend the first hour of the morning with your student in class, help out with activities, observe, and learn!
- Join your student in their daily PACK activity (Library, Art, Music, PE, etc)
- Have fun at recess!
- Eat lunch with your child, also help out with other grade lunches (opening juice boxes, monitoring tables, answering questions)
- Help out in other Cox Elementary classrooms (reading, listening, keeping students on task)
- Assist the front office faculty or librarian (there always books to put back!)
- Spend the last part of the day back in your student's class
- Help with after school departures (car riders, buses)
Wylie ISD has increased their awareness on school security and it is expected that physical ID cards will soon be a requirement to volunteer on campus. Please take the few seconds now to submit your request. Failure to complete a background check will result in you being unable to volunteer at Cox Elementary, and with the additional scrutiny and card requirements this year last minute submissions will not be an option. Background checks are required every school year, so those submitted in the prior school years are no longer valid.
The form can be found at https://www.wylieisd.net/wylieisd under Quick Links “Background Check Application” on the lower left side of the page.Or directly at https://web.wylieisd.net/BackgroundCheck/BkgroudCkForm.aspx
How do I become a Watch D.O.G.S.?Register for the 2021-2022 school year here: https://bit.ly/2021CoxWatchDOGS