Welcome to 8th Grade U.S. History! I hope you are ready for an adventure! We are going to explore fascinating events in history spanning from the colonization of the Americas through the reconstruction of the United States following the Civil War. You will learn why we are no longer part of England, how we became a world power, and how the U.S. Constitution works for you. We will analyze key time periods, including the American Revolutionary, Constitutional, and Early Republic eras. I hope you are as excited as I am about embarking on this journey. It's going to be a great year! We are McMillan!!
Necessary Class Materials:
We will be taking a LOT of notes this year in U.S. History! In order to help students keep the information organized, and assist in remembering the timeline of events, they will be using 6 different colored folders which represent the eras of information we will be discussing. I will be providing those folders for my students, so there is no need to purchase additional folders for my class. However, students will need the following supplies prior to Monday August 15, 2022:
- Pencils and/or Pens
- Students are welcome to bring their own supply of markers and/or color pencils and glue sticks. However, these are not mandatory items, as I will have some supplies available for classroom use.
- 1 box of tissues would be appreciated!
Tutorials (subject to change throughout the year due to mandatory teacher duties):
- Monday 7:45 - 8:00 a.m.
- Monday 3:30-4:05 p.m. (mandatory tutorials by invitation ONLY)
- Tuesday 7:45 - 8:00 a.m & 3:30 - 4:05 p.m.
- Thursday 3:30 - 4:05 p.m.
- Friday 7:45 - 8:00 a.m.