Workers’ compensation is a state regulated insurance program that pays reasonable medical costs if you are injured on the job. Depending on the employee’s rate of pay, workers’ compensation will replace 70% or 75% of an employee’s lost wages. If the injury or illness causes the employee to lose all of his/her income for more than seven days, an employee becomes eligible for Temporary Income Benefits (TIB) on the 8th day that the work-related injury or illness causes the employee to lose all of his/her usual pay. You cannot receive workers’ compensation benefits for any days of absence that you receive pay from Wylie ISD.
Effective September 1, 2018, Wylie ISD’s workers’ compensation coverage provider is Deep East Texas Insurance Fund with Tristar Risk Management as the claims administrators. Workers' compensation pharmacy benefits are provided by Cypress Care.
Injured on the Job?
Due to the Texas state law requirements for punctual reporting of an on the job injury or a work related illness, you must report every incident accurately and promptly. Please report ALL on the job injuries and/or work related illnesses to the Risk Management department.
If injured, the employee shall notify the supervisor immediately or go to the campus secretary or designee.
- If injury is life threatening and requires emergency medical treatment, call 911, then please call Risk Management at 972.429.3038.
- If injury requires minor medical treatment, the employee can go to an Alliance medical provider of his/her choice such as the ones below.
- MedPost-Sachse 7760 TX-78 Sachse, TX (located in front of LA Fitness -Sachse)
- 1st Class Urgent Care Center located at 1811 E. Bethany Dr. Allen, TX (Bethany Dr. & Angel Pkwy)
- Any CareNow location
- You can search for other Alliance medical providers at www.pswca.org .
Please email/fax the completed First Report of Injury or Illness Packet to Shawn.Gray@wylieisd.net or fax to 972-941-6038.