Reading is not only important throughout the school year; it is also crucial in the summer months. Reading increases vocabulary skills, writing abilities, comprehension levels, and literacy. By reading in the summer, students retain valuable information from the prior school year while also working to prepare for future instruction. Research shows that, by working to build lifelong readers, we are also working to build lifelong learners.
In the Wylie ISD, we want our students to find reading intellectually stimulating and engaging. For this purpose, we provide suggested works for our students with the hopes of giving them ownership of their reading journey. We want to empower our students by providing choice; we want to build a love of literacy.
Summer reading is a vessel for progress—it paves the way for new learning and opens the door for profound achievement. We look forward to supporting our students and guiding them in their journey to become readers.
The WHS and WEHS English Departments would like to invite all students to read this summer. The links below will guide you to your grade level and invite you to choose your reading adventure for the summer. Enjoy and explore through READING!
Wylie High School
- WHS English I Summer Reading
- WHS Advanced English I Summer Reading
- WHS English II Summer Reading
- WHS Advanced English II
- WHS Humanities I Summer Reading
- WHS Humanities II Summer Reading
- WHS English III Summer Reading
- WHS AP Language & Composition - T. Waits
- WHS AP Literature & Composition - Narvaez
- WHS Dual Credit ENGL 2327 - Fajardo
Wylie East High School
- WEHS English I Summer Reading
- WEHS Advanced English I Summer Reading
- WEHS English II Summer Reading
- WEHS Advanced English II Summer Reading
- WEHS Humanities I Summer Reading
- WEHS Humanities II Summer Reading
- WEHS AP Language & Composition Summer Reading
- WEHS AP Literature & Composition Summer Reading
Visit the Smith Public Library to keep up on your summer reading!