The mission of the Wylie ISD Staff Development Department is to provide quality professional learning opportunities and support for all employees to meet the needs of a growing and changing student population.
The Staff Development Department supports this mission by promoting continuous professional growth in a supportive environment to enhance the knowledge and skills of all staff. The goal of our professional learning program is to raise the levels of student achievement throughout the district. The Staff Development Department works to:
- Establish district expectations and standards in professional learning for all staff
- Provide quality professional learning opportunities for all staff members relevant to their position and role in the district
- Plan purposeful, professional learning opportunities based on district and individual goals that will maximize student achievement
- Promote a supportive environment that develops an inner spirit to improve one's craft through continuous learning
Per the Texas Education Agency (TEA), Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is required for all Texas educators holding a standard certificate. This certificate must be renewed every five years, and educators must earn a minimum number of CPE hours through an approved CPE provider (TAC §232.12). Wylie ISD is an approved CPE provider, so participation in professional learning sessions in Wylie ISD will help educators meet this requirement.
- Teachers must complete 150 CPE hours every five years - to see specific CPE requirements, click HERE.
- Administrative and/or Student Services Certificate (Administrators, Principals, Counselors, Librarians, etc.) must complete 200 CPE hours every five years - to see specific CPE requirements, click HERE.
Be sure to pay close attention to the percentages of CPE activities that are directly related to the certificate being renewed. This information is listed in the links above.
Questions about Professional Learning? Wylie ISD Staff, please log in to the Wylie ISD website for additional Staff Development documents and information. Once logged in, click on Staff Development Information to find all forms, click sheets and information regarding the Learn & Earn Program or feel free to contact Lee Hattaway.
Lee HattawayDirector of Staff Development
972.429.3067Kelly SolizStaff Development Coordinator
- Professional Learning Framework
- Instructional Technology Teaching and Learning support
- Administrator Professional Learning
- Instructional Paraprofessional Learning