Haga clic aquí para leer esta información en español
2017-2018 ELIGIBILITY FOR PREKINDERGARTEN PROGRAM
If you have a child who will be four years old on or before September 1st, the child may be eligible to enroll in Prekindergarten classes at located at Hartman Elementary. *A prekindergarten application Does Not Guarantee a place for any child. Students observe the same school calendar as other Wylie ISD students. All Pre-K classes are half-day. Parents must furnish transportation to and from school. NEW PK Class Times are: Morning session 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Afternoon session 10:10 a.m. – 1:40 p.m. Cost for the program is minimal personal school supplies (paper, pencil, crayons, etc.) See the complete Prekindergarten School Supply List.
- The child must be four years old before September 1st
- The child must be Limited English Proficient (i.e. has limited ability in speaking or understand English)
- The child is educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program OR
- The child is homeless.
- The child’s parent is an active duty military member or the parent was killed or injured while on active duty.
- The child who is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services.
Parents may contact Hartman Elementary for registration information. Application does not guarantee a place for any child. Enrollment is based on eligibility and the enrollment at the selected campuses.
To Enroll a Child, the Parent/Guardian may enroll on-line at http://www.wylieisd.net/enroll. On the day of registration you MUST bring:
- Birth Certificate*
- Proof of Residency in Wylie ISD*
- Signed Contract/lease agreement or
- Most current utility bill (water, gas, or electric)
Please note: If you are currently living with another person and the proof of residency is in that person's name, both you and that person will need to sign a notarized affidavit. This can be done on campus during registration.
- Driver’s License of parent or legal guardian enrolling student or a valid picture ID
- Military documentation, if applicable
- Documentation from the DFPS (Form 2085) showing verification of eligibility to participate in PK program, if applicable
- Social Security Card (if available)
- Immunization Records (a child may not begin school without current immunization records.)
- Income verification or Food Stamp documentation letter must be verified through School Nutrition at 972-429-2333 or at 200 Pirate Drive, Wylie, TX 75098.
For more information contact Hartman Elementary at 972-429-3480 or Liz Garrett, Federal Programs and Special Services Coordinator at 972-429-2387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.